Friday, April 27, 2012

Murakoze cyane





Murakoze cyane. . .

The dawn chorus of local roosters and song birds has begun. It will be another full day as I wind up this stint at Gardens for Health. Two months has flown by.

The week was a bit hectic with another graduation and enrollments of new children and mamas for the next cycle of training comprised much of the week. I managed to get quite a few good shots with the use of Julie’s great camera…to be posted later.

THANK YOU to ALL who donated for my birthday appeal. The final tally is still being processed, but it will be around the $3000 mark! I am so touched and happy by everyone’s support. The flip chart and training materials fund is officially a reality.

As I said in yesterday’s staff meeting…”Murakoze cyane, tozusubira, not au revoir” (bits of Kinyarwanda, Kurindi, English and French)…”Thank you very much, see you later…not goodbye.”

Julie has this up in her office and I find it summarizes my personal aspirations.
“Devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” –From  Tuesdays with Morrie 



 I feel so grateful having been part of this extraordinary Gardens for Health community and having had the opportunities here.

Next week at this time I will be in Alaska with Robert and Ian, a difficult concept to get my head around at this very moment, but I am excited.
Helen

No comments: