Monday, September 21, 2009

Brussels and then Burundi. . .

A big day tomorrow. Heading off. The lists are almost crossed off and the goodbyes too. Hard to believe I will be returning to Maine with the lilacs. It's always hard to leave the beauty of here especially when the days have been so glorious. Receiving this warm and welcoming letter from Deo's brother last week helps with the transition and gets me excited and eager to meet new friends and get involved with their Kigutu community.

Greetings Helen.
This is to say hullo to you as well as introducing myself to you even though you might have already heard about me. well my name is Honore and my Nick name is Tolstoy. I am tall and slender, most of the time I am quite but like listening to jokes some times. I am a social consciousness driven person, i like all people of different races and religions. the rest you will get to know me when we are together. I usually do not like putting on my own T-shirt rather i prefer others to put my own T-shirt (i mean that i may tell you that i am so good when it is not the case.)

Well, Frannie told me about you in the beginning that you were to come to Burundi as a volunteer.

Sarah gave me a new role of teaching Kirundi language to the volunteers starting with you. I will be happy to teach you kirundi and I request you in advance to teach me computer when you will have time. I know that you have very many tips in computer skills that you may give me. so you should understand that iam booking you in advance for the computer tips. Helen, Not only i will teach you kirundi language but also will teach you the culture of burundians.

I will make sure that you really enjoy your stay in Burundi. As we interact more often, i hope that i will be getting chances to learn from you new english expressions. I will take you to my mum's home and show you cows with long horns. you will probably get the chance to see very many other beautiful things in Burundi as time goes on.

I will make sure that i avail myself to you at any time that you will need me.

If you are coming to stay for more than two months , rember to bring warm clothes with you also if you have a rain jacket, please do not hasitate to bring it because we are soon embracing the rain season.

My regards to Frannie ,Tracy, Jennie Block and others.

Goodbye and God bless.
Yours in solidarity.
Honore Tolstoy

No comments: